FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions (for users)
What is ChessRegister?
ChessRegister is an event registration system for Chess tournaments. It lets an organizer know that you will be attending an event and allows you to pay for the event fee (if applicable) online prior to the event.
Who should I contact if I have questions or comments about these events?
Contact your event organizer with questions about your event.
Some events require payment. What payment methods are available?
ChessRegister uses PayPal to accept payments. If you have a PayPal account you may use funds available within your account. You do not, however, need a PayPal account to use a credit card. PayPal accepts US-based Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express debit and credit cards.
I like ChessRegister but my organizer isn’t using it. How can I help?
Tell your organizer about us! It only takes a few minutes to set up a new organizer. Once they’re set up they can take a no-obligation test drive!
Why should I create an account?
You can save your profile details (name, address, etc.) and you won’t have to enter that information when you register for a future event. More useful “member” features and services are planned.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions (for prospective organizers)
Why should I use ChessRegister?
- You should use ChessRegister because it’s ….
- Easy to use – You and your registrants will appreciate how easy it is to use the ChessRegister app. Signing up for an event takes only a couple of minutes and the organizer event management pages are intuitive and very easy to navigate.
- Fast – We’ve used the latest technologies to create ChessRegister and it runs on Google’s servers so it’s fast as lighting!
- Secure – we use SSL to encrypt all of the traffic to and from the ChessRegister app and we use let PayPal handle all of the monetary stuff. And did we metion that we’re running on Google’s servers? 🙂
- Beautiful – we’ve designed a very clean interface without a lot of noise. Well, at least we think so!
ChessRegister assesses a .25 USD fee for every registration in excess of $10 USD. This fee is to offset server, network, and administration costs. Organizers will receive an invoice following each event with a PayPal link for payment.
How might I try ChessRegister?
Send us an E-mail and we’ll set you up as an organizer. Read the “Getting Started Guide” and set up an event. We recommend setting up a “mock” event (that only you can access) initially. It’s that easy!
How will I get my registrant information out of ChessRegister (and into my favorite pairing app)?
You may simply download your registrant data as a “CSV” file that you can import directly into your favorite spreadsheet program. We also provide export files for the popular SwissSys and WinTD pairing programs.
What if I have questions?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.